Addiction is multifaceted and, like all of the work I do, I take a comprehensive approach to treating it. When beginning, therapy is determined by your stage of change. For those who are in the Contemplation Stage of Change, I provide a safe and supportive place for you to explore the challenges and rewards that may be involved with quitting. I also provide you with techniques that can help move you into the Action Stage of Change. Once in the Preparation/ Action Stage of Change, I help you explore what change would look like for you and what type of support you need to achieve sobriety and maintain it. I can provide you with information on support groups, and supplements that can make it easier on your brain to quit using substances. Hypnotherapy and Rapid Resolution Therapy may be helpful here in helping you to desire, achieve and maintain change. Relapse is often the result of an imbalance between life stress and your internal skills to handle it. So, I not only help you to clear up any underlying stressor from your past but teach emotional regulation skills. These internal skills help turn down the drive for substances in your brain and help you handle stress without substances.
Gaining and Sustaining Freedom from Substance Abuse
- Understand Addiction vs Excess
- Assess your Behavior
- Explore Ambivalence to Change
- Receive Support in Your Change Process
- Explore your Options
- Discover Nutritional Support to Decrease Cravings
- Create a Plan that is Right for You.
- Learn Skills to Decrease Stress and Turn Down Excessive Drives.
- Create a Relapse Prevention Plan
- Maintain Change
- Learn Healthy Relationship Skills
- Receive Support for the Challenges of Emotional and Physical Sobriety
- Address underlying Depression, Anxiety or Trauma
- Develop Self-Supportive Behavior
- Restore Joy, Passion and Vitality
- Discover and Fulfill Your Life’s Purpose